Monday, December 6, 2010

Coffee and Cream flavored Cream for Your Coffee

Raindrops on rooftops and whiskers on kittens just may be a few of my favorite things, but GROCERY SHOPPING does NOT fall into this category at all. Actually I'm not a big fan of any type of shopping. Either I don't have the patience or maybe I'm a spoiled brat who would rather have someone else do it for me. OR there are many other things I'd rather be doing on a day off, like resting or seeing a movie or hanging out with friends. Anyway, grocery shopping is inevitable and that was Sunday's activity. The highlight of this most recent shopping experience was the visit to the the coffee creamer area. Not the powder creamer on the shelf, but the creamer in the refrigerated area. I was overwhelmed by the options in creamers. Let me first say that I don't use creamer. I drink my coffee black, the way I watched by father do so when I was a child (and I'm a daddy's girl). The only exception is if I go to Starbuck's, which used to be my guilty pleasure, and I'll order a "venti non-fat, sugar free carmel macchiato with an extra shot". I used to visit Starbuck's once (sometimes twice) a day until I started my own business and realized I needed that money to pay utilities and rent and other silly business expenses. Do the math at $5.00 a drink every day. Black coffee out of my home coffee pot has been working out just fine. Back to the creamer section, I stumbled onto it because I was really looking for the controversial alcohol-injected whip cream that people have been talking about, but no, it wasn't at this grocery store. So, I started going through these creamers thinking maybe I could find a substitute for my Starbuck's addiction. Not only did I find a "carmel macchiato" flavor creamer, but a "cafe latte" flavor. CAFE LATTE? Really? Unless I'm mistaken, the flavor of Cafe Latte is basically the flavor of coffee with cream. So, I could either buy this creamer, pour it into a coffee cup, microwave it and drink a whole cup of it OR I could just add a little milk to my black coffee and call it a day. What kind of coffee do you drink?

3 comments:

  1. I never even drank coffee till I met my husband and his family turned me to the dark side as they like to call it. I have to say when I go to DD or Starbucks I have order anxiety. I totally freeze up and have no idea how to order a coffee (I wish I could just say make it how my husband makes it for me... whatever that is)... I have learned that regular is not what I prefer but just discovered that light and sweet is more my taste. Sounds about right for me... how someone takes their coffee I believe says a lot about them as a person and their personality as a whole. I would have guessed that you take your coffee black. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just plain black. I do however buy Starbucks whole bean and grind it fresh every morning. Nasty things those bills you have to pay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to only drink coffee with my Grandfather Super strong black espresso with too much sugar, Gram pa style, with his freshly baked dipping cookie. My mom liked it with 2 espresso w/coco and whipped cream sprinkled with a little cinnamon & sugar. Today I buy a brick of papilon or cafe bustelo espresso for about 3 bucks, it last me a month. I sometimes squirt chocolate syrup in it and spray whipped cream on top but like it black.
    Great blog thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete